Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Arrived, under goal

I am at school right now. I am not sure exactly how long it took because I couldn't find my stopwatch, but based on the time I left and the clock at school, it looks like 1 hour 30. Not too shabby, especially since I had to change a flat!
I went at a quick pace, and added a bunch of sprints to stoplights, both to avoid sitting at them wasting time and to build my acceleration. It really worked me. The last portion of my ride is a long false flat that is really a gradual uphill. I spotted another rider a couple miles distant and poured on the juice to try and catch him. I ended up within 30 yards before I had to turn left, while he continued straight. It really helped to finish stronger than I would have otherwise.

1 comment:

Seth Miller said...

Competition will definitely push you to your limits.