Monday, October 22, 2007

Missed my weekly goal

Well, I didn't hit my goal. I kinda off expected it, because my body was just not cooperating. My knee was aching really badly and for some reason the arches of my feet have been killing me. I really don't know what is causing it, but they hurt and are visibly bruised. It might be my bike shoes, the soles do not seem as stiff as they used to be. To top it off, I managed to pick up a killer headcold. But I did ride a lot of dirt and the rides were much more fun than the same old road route over and over.
Other than that, I am taking the day off of work today due to a fire which is burning near our house. Last night Amy and I went to Costco and as we were leaving we saw the huge plume of smoke. The road to our house was closed by the sheriff's department so we spent the night at Amy's parent's. This morning they were letting residents only in, and I decided to stay home just in case they evacuated. The fire is about a mile away and the wind is blowing away, but it is gusting up to 30 miles an hour and is shifting a lot. I don't feel any real danger from the fire itself, but I don't want to be stranded if they close the road or evacuate.

No comments: